The Pupil Personnel Department acts as a clearinghouse for all transfers. This means that the approval of a Pupil Personnel administrator is required for all transfer requests. In this way we can record the transfers and properly document them.
Intra-district transfer approvals for each school year are held for the Kindergarten - 7th grade levels until after populations stabilize in schools. (This is our 3 week waiting period at the beginning of the school year)
Transfer requests are the responsibility of the parents and should not cause a loss of instructional time. Exceptions may occur in situations involving an Alternative Educational Program or administrative transfers as a result of hearings, teacher removal of the student from the classroom, or principal recommendations.
Transfers must be renewed by signing a new contract page each year unless otherwise specified. Transfers expire as indicated with each type.
**All Pre-Kinder placements are determined and directed to the Elementary Director of Curriculum and Instruction.
Reasons for a Transfer Request
A parent may request a transfer for the following reasons:
- Physiological, psychological and sociological reasons when certified in writing by a physician or psychologist;
- To take academic courses not offered at the home school if accompanied by a recommendation of the home school principal;
- Extreme hardship reasons such as transportation, student safety and keeping siblings together;
- The student is a victim of a bully as defined by the school district;
- The student has been the victim of a violent criminal offense while on the school premises or at a school function or activity.